Cyprus visa Information, Cyprus Embassy address
Cyprus Visa Information:
British rule lasted until August 1960 when, after a four-year liberation struggle, the island became independent and was proclaimed a Republic. The 1960 Constitution of the Cyprus Republic proved unworkable in many of its provisions and this made impossible its smooth implementation.Flag of cyprus
1. Valid Passport (should be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Cyprus)
2. VISA Application duly completed and signed. A Notary Public must certify the signature of the applicant if the application for a visa is submitted by mail.
3. Two recent passport size (2×2) photographs, at least one notarized by a Notary Public.
4. Proof of applicant’s US permanent residency
5. Visa for USA must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of intended stay.
6. Provisional Booking or Itinerary of travel arrangements. A return or onward ticket has to be submitted.
7. Prior Hotel Reservation faxed by the Hotel Manager (submit confirmation of payment for accommodation in Cyprus, deposit is sufficient)
8. If visiting for business, an official letter of invitation from a Cyprus company must be presented.
9. If visiting friends, a letter of invitation from the friends with their address, phone number and occupation in Cyprus.
-Also a certified assumption of responsibility form must be submitted.
Assumption of Responsibility Form.
-The income of host sponsor for at least the last three months. (Proof of income has to be original document)
-Photocopy of sponsor’s passport/citizenship or residence permit has to be submitted.
-A copy of sponsor’s tenancy agreement or excerpt from the land register has to be submitted.
10. Letter from the applicant explaining the reasons for visiting Cyprus.
11. Money Order or Cashier’s Check. The application fee for single entry is $14. Please make all Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks payable to the Accountant General of the Republic of Cyprus.
12. Recent Bank Statement.
13. Recent (less than one month old) official letter from employer addressed to the Cyprus Consulate with proof of wages/salary. If self employed, a letter from the solicitor, the accountant of the bank manager of the applicant. If student, an original letter from the school or University addressed to the Cyprus Consulate confirming status/ attendance and duration of the course.
14. If return by mail is desired, please enclose a self-addressed envelope of suitable size with the appropriate postage, or an Express Mail, Federal Express, of other carrier’s packet with prepaid air bill. The Consular office is not responsible for lost or delayed mail.
15. The application for a visa should be submitted to the consular office of the Embassy at least three weeks prior to the applicant’s date of travel. You may submit your application up to three months in advance.
16. Visa for final destination has to be obtained if needed.
17. An all risk medical insurance policy (of at least €30.000-coverage) covering the whole duration of the stay has to be submitted.
18. In case of minors applying for visa the parents of guardians of the child have to give their consent in writing. The signatures on this document must be notarized.
19. The previous passport or a letter of confirmation stating that the previous passport has been rendered invalid in accordance with the regulations has to be submitted.
Please send VISA Application and all other documantation along with money order application fee to :
Embassy of the Republic of Cyrpus
2211 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
For More Information, contact the Consular office at the Embassy of Cyprus at (202) 462-5772 or via FAX at (202)483-6710.