Northern Mariana Islands visa Information, Northern Mariana Islands Embassy address

Northern Mariana Islands Visa Information:


Northern Mariana Islands

U.S. citizens require proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate or naturalization papers. North Mariana Island FlagNon-U.S. citizens need a passport valid for at least 60 days from the date of entry and an onward ticket and visa to their next destination, if not returning home, and a cash equivalent of $100 per day while in the CNMI. Foreign visitors are granted a 30-day stay at point of entry, and may apply to extend their stay for an additional 60 days. For further information, click here to access the CNMI Attorney General Office’s website.

I. Visitor Entry Permit Exempt Countries: Pursuant to Immigration Regulation §703(B)(3), the following countries comprise the CNMI Visitor Entry Permit (VEP) Exempt Countries:

Australia, Canada, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Ireland, South Korea, and the United Kingdom.

A national, citizen, permanent resident, or holder of temporary resident status who is authorized to work in and unconditionally return to one of the above-listed countries does not require a VEP to enter the CNMI.

II. Excluded Locations: Nationals of the following countries are excluded from entering the CNMI:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cuba, Egypt, Eritrea, Fujian Province of China, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Myanmar, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

III. United States Visa Waiver Program: Nationals of the following countries are eligible for participation in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program:

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.

Nationals of these countries do not need a VEP to enter the CNMI.

IV. Other Countries: Nationals of all other countries require a VEP to enter the CNMI. Applicants who wish to travel to the CNMI must request a VEP from the Division of Immigration. The requests must include the following information: request letter, name of traveler, copy of valid passport, place of birth, home address, facsimile and telephone number, nature of visit, copy of travel itinerary from the booking travel agent to include proposed entry and departure dates, the name of a CNMI hotel or address while in the CNMI, declaration of financial responsibility, and a copy of the applicant’s round trip ticket/e-ticket.

These requests must be submitted at least four weeks before the intended date of travel and submitted directly by way of facsimile or mailed to the following address with reference that it is an authorization to board request:

Attention: Director of Immigration
Re: Visitor Entry Permit
CNMI Division of Immigration, Office of the Attorney General
Caller Box 10007 Saipan, MP 96950
Telephone No. 670-236-0922/0923
Facsimile No. 670-664-3190

Quarantine and Health Certification: All plants and animals must be given prior approval before entry, and animals must be quarantined. Importation of controlled substances or weapons is strictly prohibited. Vaccination certification is not required unless the traveler comes from an infected area.

Currency and Monetary Instruments: The transportation of currency or monetary instruments, regardless of amount is legal. However, if you bring in $10,000 or take out more than $10,000 from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands ( in U.S. or foreign equivalent, or any combination of the two) whether in currency, coin, travelers checks, money order, or negotiable instruments, you are required by law to file a report on Form 4790 with the CNMI Customs Service. If you have someone else carry the currency or instruments for you, you also file the report.

Agricultural Products: To prevent the entry of dangerous agricultural pests, the following are restricted: fruits, vegetables, plants, plants products and other plant materials, soil, meat, meat products, birds, snails and other live animals or animal products (whether fresh, cooked, raw, or processed; whether for sale or personal use).

Alcohol and Tobacco: Any passenger disembarking from a ship or airplane may import for personal use and consumption, exempt from excise tax, the following: An amount of distilled alcoholic beverages not to exceed 77 ounces. Beer or other alcoholic malt beverages not to exceed 288 ounces. Wine or sake not to exceed 128 ounces. Tobacco, other than cigarettes, not to exceed one pound. An amount of cigarettes, not to exceed 3 cartons of 10 packages per carton. However, only ten (10) packs of labled cigarettes not complying with the Cigarettes Labeling and Advertising Act, or not listed on the Attorney General’s Directory of Approved Cigarette Brands available upon request from a Custom’s Officer (“prohibited brands”). Thus, if you possess more than ten (10) packs of any one cigarette brand, please list them below. Any prohibited brands over the exempted pack amount shall also be subject to forfeiture at Customs. For a listing of the directory of approved brands, please access the CNMI Attorney General Office’s website (http://www.cnmiago.gov.mp) under Tobacco Enforcement section.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *