Kazakhstan visa Information, Kazakhstan Embassy address
Kazakhstan Visa Information:
In the last ten years Kazakhstan has undergone a transformation, from an impoverished post-Soviet Socialist Republic to being the most dynamic economy in the CIS. In that period, Kazakhstan has been the recipient of more than US$42 billion in foreign direct investment and average wages have increased five-fold; for the last five years, the economy has grown by 10% per annum. kazakhstan Flag
Foreign citizens and those without citizenship need to obtain a visa for entrance to the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan (RK), if otherwise is not regulated by the international agreements of the RK.
The visa of the RK is glued in the passport or other acceptable document by the RK document, proving the identity, and valid for passage (passport should expire in 6 months after the end of term of kazakhstani visa), and gives the right to enter and stay in the RK, as well as to leave it or cross the territory of the RK by transit.
1. The basis for issuing visa of the Republic of Kazakhstan and prolongation of visa are applications of international organizations, foreign countries’ representations as well as the state organizations of the RK to the Department of Consular Service (DCS) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (MFA) in Astana or its representation in the city of Almaty.
Non-state organizations inviting foreign citizens as tourists and with business purposes need to submit written applications to the DCS of the MFA after issuance of permit of local subdivisions of migration police service of the regional level (as for the residents of Astana and Almaty cities – migration police of the Ministry of internal affairs departments in Astana and Almaty cities).
For invitation of the citizens of Australia, Austria, Andorra, Argentine, Belgium, Bulgaria, Brazil, Vatican, the Great Britain, Hungary, Greece, Denmark, Israel, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Canada, Cyprus, the Republic of Korea, Costa-Rika, Cube, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nauru, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San-Marine, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, the USA, Turkey, Uruguay, Czechia, Chili, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, France, BRD, Estonia, South African Republic (SAR), Jamaica, Japan with business or tourist purposes a permit from the internal affairs bodies, is not required, i.e. that invitations of host organizations should be submitted directly to the DCS of the MFA (Astana or Almaty).
For foreign citizens arriving to the Republic of Kazakhstan on personal matters, the permit to enter Kazakhstan should be processed by the internal affairs bodies (police) of the RK.
2. For obtaining visa of the RK foreign citizens should apply to a diplomatic/consular institution of the RK in the country of residence submitting valid passport (or international travel document), a copy of invitation letter with a notification of a number of visa support of the DCS of the MFA (or original of an individual invitation issued by the Police), filled visa application (please, download) and photo. Validity of passport should not expire earlier than three months after expiration of the validity term of the requested visa. The necessity of other documents provision is to be determined by the consul on the spot.
3. For foreign citizens arriving to the RK together with spouses, children or parents – citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, visa can be issued on the basis of applications of the named relatives, for the term of one month, but not more than twice a year (this restriction could not be related to under age foreign citizens, traveling together with parents – who are citizens of the RK).
4. In case of sickness or death of close relatives, issuance of visa is allowed on the basis of relevant international telegram from the RK, attested by a doctor.
5. For foreign citizens – emigrants from the Republic of Kazakhstan private visas can be issued for the term of not more than three months to visit native places and graves of relatives on the basis of their own appeals (without requests of tourist companies’) and confirming documents such as relevant column in a passport, certificate of birth in the RK or copies of document on burial of a close relative in the RK, or certificate of transfer out of citizenship of the RK.
6. With the purpose of further liberalization of the order of visiting historical native land, private visa can be issued twice a year for the term of three months on the basis of their own applications.
In order to get single entry official, private, tourist, business visa in the Embasies of Kazakhstan foreign citizens mentioned in para 3, 4, 5 and 6 as well as nationals of the following countries do not need letter of visa invitation (visa support) : – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Germany, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Monako, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Singapore, USA, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, France, Republic of Korea.
7. Diplomatic visas are issued to the holders of diplomatic passports and in some instances, when the issue of a diplomatic visa has been recognized expedient. Diplomatic visas are registered without levy of consular fees.
8. Official visas are issued to personnel of foreign diplomatic and other representations and international organizations, who are not referred to the diplomatic category, and also to foreign citizens and persons without citizenship traveling on business matter, invited by state legal bodies of the RK.
9. Investor visas are issued to real investors – managers and representatives of managerial staff of major foreign companies, operating on the Kazakhstani market or who have real plans to develop business projects.
10. For issuance of “work” visa in addition to other documents, it is necessary to provide a permission for foreign labor recruitment, if otherwise is not regulated by an international treaty or the RK agreement.
11. Business visa is issued to foreign citizens and persons without citizenship traveling to the RK with business purposes (for participation in business negotiations, different forums, market research, etc.) on the basis of applications of non-state legal entities, registered on the territory of the RK.
12. For issuance of tourist visa it is necessary to obtain approval on admission of the tourist organization of the RK, which should have a license granting a right to implement a tourist activity.
For citizens of the countries indicated in the item 2, tourist visa can be issued in consular posts of the MFA in the airports of Astana, Almaty, Atyrau, Uralsk and Ust-Kamenogorsk on the basis of applications of tourist organizations to the DCS of the RK MFA.
13. Study visa is issued with permission of internal affairs bodies (migration police) on the basis of petitions of educational institutions.
14. Visa for medical treatment is issued to foreigners and persons without citizenship traveling to Kazakhstan for treatment, medical check, consultations and other similar purposes on the issues of petitions of the relevant institutions and organizations confirming the character of the invitation.
15. Visa for permanent residence is issued on the basis of necessary documents processed in the order stipulated by the legislation.
16. Transit visa of the RK is issued on the basis of documents (visa valid to enter the country of destination) and relevant tickets with confirmation of departure date from the transfer point on the territory of Kazakhstan, not later than 5 days from the moment of arrival to the port or station located in the territory of the RK.
Prolongation of visa is made by institutions of the DCS of the MFA and migration police of regions and the Astana and Almaty cities.
In case of obtaining visa in another place, then it was indicated in visa support due to various circumstances, visa is issued by diplomatic or consular mission of Kazakhstan in the place, where foreign citizen applied.
17.Registration of foreign citizens.
Registration of foreign citizens at the Police should be done within 5 days after their arrival into Kazakhstan. This is also to inform, that the Rule on registration of foreigners now is amended. Nationals of the following countries – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Germany, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Monako, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Singapore, USA, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, France and Republic of Korea can get registration, while receiving their visas at the Kazakhstan Consulates abroad, or can get registration while crossing border checkpoints at 12 international airports of Kazakhstan. After getting registration at Consulate abroad or at border checkpoint at 12 international airports of Kazakhstan there is no need to apply to Police for registration.
As from 01.01.2006, citizens of all countries arriving through 12 international airports of Kazakhstan, international rail station «Dostyk», through automobile border checkpoints Khorgos, Dostyk, Bakhty, Maikapshagai, Kordai, Kolghat and at sea ports Aktau, Bautino can also get registration at the border. If a foreigner does not get registration at above border checkpoints, it is also possible to obtain it at the local police. Registration is done free of charge.
18.The amount of the fee for consular services for document processing and visa issuance is formed from the amount of the approved consular dues and the amount of reimbursement for actual expenditures, which are collected in USD or in currency of a country where mission of Kazakhstan is accredited on the mutual basis. The diplomatic and consular missions of Kazakhstan in various countries, due to local living levels, have different tariffs of consular dues within the limit of base minimum and maximum amounts of consular dues rates, approved by the Resolution of the Government of the RK of 29.12.2001 # 1751.
In accordance with the basic rates, the amount of consular dues for one-entry visa of the RK for entrance (exit) or its prolongation for the term of less than three months may amount to USD 10-30;
– one-entry-exit or exit-entry visa of the RK or its prolongation for the term of less than 3 months – USD 20-60;
– double entry-exit or exit-entry visa of the RK or its prolongation for the term of less than 3 months – USD 30-90;
– thriple entry-exit or exit-entry visa of the RK or its prolongation for the term of less than 3 months – USD 35-105;
– multiple visa and its prolongation for the term of
1 year – USD 100-200;
2 years – USD 200-400;
– tourist one-entry visa for less than 30 days – USD 20-40;
– tourist double-entry visa for less than 60 days – USD 30-60;
– transit visa – USD 10-30.
19. In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 23.01.2006 # 46, “investor ” visas are issued free of charge.