Bahamas visa Information, Bahamas Embassy address

Bahamas Visa Information:


Tourist Business Visas

To qualify for a B1 or a B2 visa, you will need to overcome the presumption in section 214 b of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that all visa applicants are intending immigrants. Bahama flag
You can overcome this presumption by providing evidence that you have strong, binding ties to your home country and that you have no intention of abandoning your home residence. To read about what you need to do when applying, see the document on this website “What Documents Support My Visa” in the Non-immigrant Visa section.

B1: Temporary Visitor for Business

If you are going to negotiate contracts, meet clients, assist/participate in seminars, visit expositions and take customer orders, you will need a B1 visa. The B1 visa does not allow you to accept employment in the U.S.

B2: Temporary Visitor for Pleasure

If you are going on vacation, visiting friends, going shopping, visiting colleges or universities, or seeking medical care, you will need a B2 visa.

Since people may visit the United States for business and pleasure in the same trip or go one time for pleasure and the next for business, applicants are typically issued a combination B1/B2 visa.

NOTE: A Bahamian citizen does not require a visa to apply for admission to the United States when he/she applies at one of the US Customs and Border Protection Preclearance Facilities located in the Nassau or Freeport International Airports.

However, the Bahamian must still be in possession of a valid, unexpired passport or a Bahamian Travel Document listing Nationality as Bahamian.

In addition, the Bahamian should present a police certificate issued within the past twelve months for all persons 14 years of age and older.

All Bahamians who apply for admission to The United States at a Port-of-Entry in the United States, rather than at a Preclearance Facility located in Nassau or Freeport, are required to be in possession of a valid visa to enter the United States.

Section 214 (b) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act requires applicants for tourist and business visas to demonstrate the intent to depart the United States after a temporary visit. As evidence of this intent, we request the documents that apply to your circumstances. Please be aware that documents only support your visa application and your interview with the consular officer.

Please select and bring the documents that are appropriate to your application.

  • A police certificate issued in the last 6 months for applicants 14 years and older who live in the Bahamas or Turks & Caicos
  • Bank statements accounting for the last three months.
  • A letter from your employer on original letterhead stating how long you have been employed, in what capacity, what your basic monthly salary is, and how long you will be away from work. If you are traveling for business, the letter should also detail the nature of your business, including U.S. companies or offices you will visit.
  • A work permit
  • A residence permit
  • A business license
  • Invoices, letters and financial statements from your business
  • An original form I-20 issued by your college or university
  • Evidence of ownership, such as a Title of Deed and/or a mortgage payment receipt
  • A pension letter
  • A child’s birth certificate, passport and the passport(s) of parent(s)

    Other Visas

  • Diplomats, Government Officials and International Organization and NATO Visas
  • Crew Members in Transit
  • Transit Visas
  • Treaty Trader, Treaty Investor Visa

Visa Application Forms:

Download an application will shorten the time you have to wait at the Embassy. We encourage you to use the application you can download. You have a couple of options.

Go to http://evisaforms.state.gov to access the visa application form DS-156, complete it , and print it out. To print it correctly, carefully follow the instructions exactly as given on the website. Bring all three pages with you to the Embassy.
Go to http://evisaforms.state.gov, and SCROLL down to the bottom of the page to the note stating: “If your system does not support the minimum requirements specified above or you choose not to use the electronic visa application forms, then please use the Non Electronic Visa Application Forms web page.” You may then either print out the form and complete it manually, or type in the answers on your computer, and then print out the completed form.
Using these options eliminates the need to obtain a paper application from the Embassy, although that remains an option. Stop at the guardhouse in front of the embassy for forms. All application forms are free.

Men from 16 through 45 also need to complete a supplemental form “DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application.” This form can be accessed and printed at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/7769.pdf.

The U.S. Embassy-Nassau is constantly seeking to improve customer service to non-immigrant visa applicants. We welcome your feedback.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *