UK Working Holiday Visa

Worker Registration Scheme UK – WRS – Visas Information

Worker Registration Scheme UK :

From May 1 2004, most nationals of the new member states (except Cyprus and Malta) who wish to work for more than one month for an employer in the UK need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme.

Once you have been working legally in the UK for 12 months without a break you will have full rights of free movement and will no longer need to register on the Worker Registration Scheme. You can then get a residence permit confirming your right to live and work in the UK.

If you have already registered on the Worker Registration Scheme, and have been working in the UK for 12 months, you may now wish to apply for a residence permit. You should apply using form EEA1. If you need further information, please contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766.

How do I apply? How should I pay?

You should complete application form WRS giving your name, address, date of birth, nationality and your employment details. The charge for a first application is £90. You must fill in the payment slip on the application form.

Those making multiple applications are now able to make one payment to cover the full cost of the total number of applications being submitted using our new multiple payment slip. A maximum of 25 applications can be submitted with one payment. Please note, you still need to fill in a separate WRS form for each person registering on the scheme.

To get Worker Registration Scheme application forms and multiple payment slips telephone 0117 344 1471 (this number is ONLY for ordering application forms and guidance notes) or click here to download a copy.

Useful contacts

Send your completed application form to:

The Workers Registration Scheme
PO BOX 492
DH99 1WU

We recommend that you use Recorded or Special Delivery.
Immigration Enquiry Bureau
Tel: 0870 606 7766

Department for Work and Pensions
Tel: 0207 712 2171
Website: www.dwp.gov.uk
Jobcentre Plus website: www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

National Minimum Wage Helpline
Tel 0845 6000 678

Newly Self-employed Helpline
Tel 08459 15 4515

Health & Safety Executive
HSE Infoline
Caerphilly Business Park
CF83 3GG
Tel: 0845 3450055
Minicom: 02920 808537
Email: hseinfomationservices@natbrit.com
Website: www.hse.gov.uk

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *